Nominated for iOS App of the Year!
iPhone App Directory 01/2011:
"Detailed and accurate…an indispensable tool”
iPad Welt 04/2010:
WeatherPro for iPad is one of the "Coolest iPad Apps".
"All the weather forecasts you could ever need in one stylish iPhone app"
Who are we?
MeteoGroup Limited is the owner of this Site, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of PA Group Limited (Company Number 4197).
References to MeteoGroup mean MeteoGroup Limited (company number 2665051), any of its wholly owned subsidiaries, such as MeteoGroup UK Limited, Meteo Consult BV and Nowcasting International Limited trading as MeteoGroup Offshore, or any other company which is more than 50% owned or controlled by MeteoGroup Limited.
What personal information do we collect and why?
We may collect personal information from you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address etc) when you complete registration or enquiry forms or send emails to us, so that we may provide you with the services and information which you request. Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
If you login or subscribe to any MeteoGroup service or product, we will use your personal information to provide you with the service or product you select, (e.g. personalising your services; sending you password reminders or notices about the relevant service or product being changed or suspended for emergency or routine maintenance).
If you purchase services and products from us we may also need your name, address and payment information in order to process your transaction.
We may also use the information you provide for our own internal statistical purposes.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Use of your personal information for marketing purposes
We may, with your agreement, give your personal information to other companies within MeteoGroup, for the purposes of providing products and services you have requested from us and so that those group companies can provide you with information relating to products and services we think may interest you, by letter, email or on your mobile device.
- notifying your usual MeteoGroup contact; or
- sending an e-mail or writing to us telling us you do not wish to receive further promotional material; or
- using the "unsubscribe" process described in the promotional material.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We will not disclose any personal information you provide to us to any third party organisation outside MeteoGroup, unless:
- we need to do so to provide you with the products or services you select, for example where we use service providers to provide certain services in support of the Site;
- we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it (for example if required by law or a court order);
- we sell or buy or reorganise any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the reorganised entity or the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- a MeteoGroup company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it may be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of any MeteoGroup company, its customers, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- the information is only in the form of aggregated statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes and which contain no personally identifiable information.
(a) 'Session' cookies – where they only last for the duration of your browser session and expire when you close it.
(b) 'Remember Me' cookies (aka “Persistent” cookies) - cookies that remain on your computer after you close your browser and computer to remember you when you return to the Site.
- obtain statistical information about your general internet usage and build up a profile of how you and others use the Site, and to improve our Site and deliver a better service to you;
- remember your session so that you can move from one page to another within the Site;
- store your preferences; and
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for your preference and ease of use.
You can remove cookies from your Browser:
Most web browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to use the full functionality of the Site and your user experience may be adversely affected. You can learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
A simple way of removing cookies is to go to the “Tools” option in your web browser and select “Settings”. To delete all cookies on your computer to date select “Clear Browsing History” and to set options for future cookies select “Cookies” and the options you wish to apply to your web browser.
Apps downloaded to your mobile phone or tablet may rely on location based services, such as your GPS coordinates to inform you about local forecasts. You may turn off this function within your mobile settings.
Analytical data may be collected from Apps. This is anonymous data from the App in your handset to monitor and optimise features on the handset. This does not identify your handset or you.
Cookies are not used within Apps unless your browser is opened as part of the App. In this case, there may be cookies on the phone web browser.
MeteoGroup does not collect personal data unless you purchase a Premium account where you are required to provide your email, password, user name and address to receive the Premium service. This data is not given to any third parties and you will only be contacted for service updates.
Links to other websites
Storage of your data and international transfers
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the UK, the Netherlands and Ireland and your information is processed in accordance with European data protection law. However your information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers or group companies is located in a country outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or in secure filing systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How to contact us
If you have any queries with regard to our data processing practices or you wish to correct or update or request a copy of any of the personal details we hold about you, please contact your usual MeteoGroup contact or send us an email or write to us at: The Data Protection Officer, Legal Department, MeteoGroup Limited, 292 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 1AE.
Any request for a copy of information may be subject to a fee (currently £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we may hold about you.